Effective July 16th, 2012
- We will not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission;
- We will allow you to view, correct, or remove your Personal Information; and
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
- “Registered User” means an individual who has registered with the Website. Registered Users must enter their email address and choose a password.
- “Personal Information” means any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred from the information. This includes, for example, name, email address, mailing address, credit card information, age, race, and sex.
- “Products” means the goods provided for sale by Emmo Home.
- “Services” means any services offered by Emmo Home through its Website, store, or over the telephone.
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you refuse, withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with Products or Services that can be offered on our Website. Some Products and/or Services are only available to those Registered Users who provide us with Personal Information.
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up on the Website, purchase a particular Product(s), or use any Service(s) that require(s) registration, we ask you to provide Personal Information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purposes for which it is collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Minors (as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence) are not eligible to register for or purchase the Products or use Services available on our Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any Minor, and we will not use such information if we discover that it has been provided by a Minor.
What Personal Information we collect
We collect only such information as necessary to provide Products and/or Services to you.
- When you are just visiting: You can visit certain areas of our Website without signing in or revealing who you are.
- When you register as a Registered User: If you register with us as a Registered User, we collect Personal Information that is necessary to provide the Products and/or Services offered on our Website. We may require that you provide, without limitation, your name, email address, and mailing address. You also need to choose a password and set a Challenge Question for identification purposes. The password you choose will be required to gain access to portions of our Website reserved for Registered User use, such as purchasing Products at checkout.
How we use the Personal Information we collect
- When you purchase Products and/or Services from us: If you purchase any Products from Emmo Home through our Website, you will be required to provide your name, billing address, shipping address, credit card or PayPal™ account information, phone number, and email address.
We use Personal Information in order to provide and enhance the Products or Services offered on our Website:
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Website, inform you of new features on our Website, or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, and to tailor your experience at our Website to your interests and needs;
- To allow you and others to access your Gift Registry;
- To send you emails about our Products and/or Services;
- To ensure the technical functioning of our network;
- To develop new products and/or services;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
“Aggregated information” is information, recorded in any form, about more than one individual, where the identity of each individual is not known, and cannot be inferred from the information. We may use aggregated information to describe our user base to current or potential partners, investors, and advertisers; after a survey, to understand and respond to market needs and preferences; or to make recommendations to other users of our Website.
What we do NOT do
WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT, AT ANY TIME, REQUEST YOUR CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL™ INFORMATION, LOGIN PASSWORD, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS IN A NON-SECURE OR UNSOLICITED E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE COMMUNICATION. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority. For more information about phishing, you may want to visit the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/index.shtml.
Disclosure without consent:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE JUSTIFIED OR PERMITTED, OR WHERE EMMO HOME MAY BE OBLIGATED TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION WITHOUT CONSENT. Such circumstances may include, but are not limited to:
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person, or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with the rules of a court with jurisdiction relating to the production of records. If we receive a formal request to disclose your Personal Information in connection with a legal action, we will attempt to contact you about it, if permitted by law, via the email address you provided during registration before we respond to that request.
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule, or guideline requires disclosure.
- To a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health, or security of Emmo Home, an identifiable person, or group as required or permitted by law.
How we protect Personal Information
- Where it is necessary to collect monies owing to us.
If you choose to contact Emmo Home through the Website, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web may not be secure. Emmo Home assumes no liability for the loss of any information or any damage that may result from the loss of such information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web.
Requests for removal of Personal Information
If you request that we remove all of your Personal Information, we will promptly do so to the extent possible. Please remember that we may not be able to honor your request if we are legally obligated to retain that information.
Our Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons, which are also called single-pixel gifs. These images allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are NOT used to access your personally identifiable information but are used to compile aggregated statistics about our Website usage.
Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
When you send email or other communications to Emmo Home, we may retain those communications in order to process your order(s), answer inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our products and overall service.
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (i) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, email address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email or write to us at the contact information provided below with reference to California Disclosure Information.
We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the email or mailing address stated below. If we receive your request at a different email or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
3333 Bear Street, Suite 303
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Toll Free: (888) 375-5373